Two cars unusual-Photo, cool license plate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Two cars unusual-Photo, cool license plate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 10:03 pm:

I don't really know what is going on here. Perhaps it is a car on a float in a parade? Or some weird double exposure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

Neat photo. Is it yours? The plate looks like this one that I have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 11:03 pm:

Probably couldn't get the second car started for the parade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

Based on the website below, New Jersey manufacturer's car plates were used by automobile dealers:

http://porcelainplates.net/newjersey_archive.html

It appears to be a flat bed truck hauling a touring.

I would say it is the local Ford dealer's entry in the 4th of July Parade. Photo may have been taken before, during or after the parade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

The license is 1915 on a 1913 or 1914 (I think) truck, car on the trailer is a 1915 or 1916.

Neat photo, TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 11:40 pm:

Both appear to be 1915s. The bottom one has 3-rivet fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 12:02 am:

Note the the sidelamps on the truck. Look like very late 1914 style. Maybe the earlier style sidelamps were delivered with the 1915 chassis?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 12:03 am:

Super photo Herb! Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration