Polishing Headlight Reflectors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Polishing Headlight Reflectors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 08:15 am:

I figured I was going to have to re-silver the headlight reflectors for my 24. I had an old tube of Top Brite polish that I thought I would try on some of the reflectors I had. Two polished up perfect, which I will use on the 24. The other set is a little yellowed, but will work on my original TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 08:20 am:

Nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 09:21 am:

Great job Dan. This again proves that the headlight reflectors that get trashed because they are tarnished can be saved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 09:44 am:

Caswell's used to have a commercial product for polishing silver. It not only polished but also added silver during the process. It worked good even for some reflectors that had areas missing silver from over polishing. Caswell's also has a non-commercial version but I haven't tried that one.

The difference is that the commercial version has a cyanide compound and the other doesn't.

Hmmmmm. I just tried to find a link to it and can't see where they have either version now. Bummer. It worked great.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration