Cut Out Pedal or Gas Pedal ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Cut Out Pedal or Gas Pedal ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 11:19 am:

I picked this up at a local swap meet last weekend and can see it as a cut out pedal but thought it might work as a gas foot feed as well. What's your thought about it's use, and has anybody seen one of these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 11:29 am:

I've never seen one exactly like that one, but I believe its intended use is for a cutout. With some creative linkage and spring(s) use you could probably adapt it to be a foot throttle.

Why? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

That's very similar to what I use for my Aermore on my '15. They work great because they don't latch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

Hi Jay,

Cutout pedals lock down to hold open the cutout. Those which do not lock would be for a whistle or, possibly, a foot feed (foot throttle). Nice find. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Jay

Could be a style of this type foot feed, or accelerator. Like the copy in the adv., "step on her tail (or accelerator)" ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

THANKS DAN!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 04:01 am:

My, my, my. Now there's some wonderful advertising.

I want to "enjoy life...and never regret it"! Where can I get a Hoyt's Foot Accelerator? :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration