1/3 1916 Model T "C" Cab (or other options) - Dimensions/ Measurements

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1/3 1916 Model T "C" Cab (or other options) - Dimensions/ Measurements
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Graven on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

Good Day! I am a teacher in Wisconsin who in collaboration with schools in Kansas, and Florida and modeling a 1916 Model T to 1/3 scale.

Our group is responsible for the accessories... the headlight, head lamp, tail lamp, steering wheel, crank, and any other accessories one can think of or help us with.

So why are we posting... we need help. We have found very little online in regards to dimensions/ measurements of the above parts. We would love to get in contact with anyone with either a 1916 (or within the range of style) for any possible data that could help us model the parts. What does that look like? Photos (with a tape measure next to the part straight on)... to any photos of documentation or drawings that might exist, but we just can't find.

Any and all help can be sent to my school email at pgraven@sfsd.k12.wi.us.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Peter Graven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

I hadn't seen this post when I commented on your other one. Any 1916 C cab would have been an aftermarket body on a Ford car chassis. Beginning in 1917, they also sold ton truck chassis. Those also used an aftermarket body bought or made separately by the chassis owner.

Body types available from Ford in 1916 were touring, runabout, coupelet, sedan (center door), town car, and bare chassis. The one most produced, by far, was the touring (about five times the roadster production).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration