Original Ford Model T Battery Parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Original Ford Model T Battery Parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

I recently purchased an original Ford wooden battery case on Ebay, and it makes me wonder if any other of the original piece parts that made up the battery are still out there, like the individual cell jars, the cell tops, filler caps, plates, separators, cell connectors etc.

If parts were available I might consider assembling at least a mockup of an original Ford battery for display.

Has anyone tried this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 09:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 10:30 am:

Over the years, I've seen almost every part pictured at various swap meets. I personally have two NOS battery cases, one wood and one hard rubber, and some Ford script filler plugs, but that is about it. BTW, I shipped out your 1924 battery box lid yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Great, thanks Larry! I bought the steel to build my own, original dimension battery box.

I'm mainly interested in building up my original wood battery case into a mockup Ford battery as a "show and tell" item.

One more reason to find the time and money to go to Hershey this year... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

Mark,
I had the opportunity to purchase an original Ford Dealer "cut-away battery" that was offered to dealers in 1923. While it only has one cell, I'm sure it made an impression on Ford customers at the parts counter.
Russ Furstnowt-battery

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration