I suppose this is a compliment but ........

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: I suppose this is a compliment but ........
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

it always kind of gripes me when I see info from my web site copied word for word to enhance somebody's ebay listing to try to get more money for what ever they are selling. On the other hand, the guy listing it called me a professional collector.

Well, I don't have time to worry about it, back to the shop trying to finish up two more tonight so I can start on more tomorrow.

Jump in and bid, I think the price is pretty high for what it is so I'm not a bidder but somebody might get a smoking deal and it might turn out to be a good one. Never know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Rare-Zenith-S4BF-Carburetor-with-Manifold-Model-T-S peedster-FORD-VINTAGE-/361547892039?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Several times I have seen photos from my web site used to show "What this will look like after you clean it up," or something similar with the one they are selling missing all sorts of parts or just a piece of crap to begin with.

We sort that deal up pretty quickly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 10:44 pm:

WHOOOOFFFF!!! That didn't take long. Methinks he took offense to my note that said "Please ask for permission before taking direct quotes from my web site."

Well, I dunno how to delete this so guess it's here to stay. Didn't mean to make anybody mad.

Back to the shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

This is clearly stated on the web site: Right there on the first page.

ALL PHOTOS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED AND ARE NOT TO BE COPIED AND USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN PERSONAL REFERENCE. DO NOT USE THESE PHOTOS FOR YOUR EBAY LISTINGS.

For permission to use photos in publications please contact me. Printed information on this site is not to be quoted in ebay ads or other sales venues without permission from me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

How dare you object to your copyrighted material being hijacked. What nerve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 11:00 pm:

I've heard of a lawyer named Selden that can clear this up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

I'm not related to them, but they might help:
Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 11:52 pm:

The Howe in that is my niece. Prosecuting attorney for Pierce County, Washington. This is her side job. =)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 11:54 pm:

If the carb don't fit, you must acquit !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 04:37 am:

Stan,
And the Dewey is my niece, who passed the bar first time out. Now she does tax attorney work (at least last I knew!) .
Now the real funny thing is, I didn't even think of your last name when I posted that!!
Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy!
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

I actually knew an attorney named Cheatem. Always thought it must have been a drawback in that profession.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

There was always this guy: Judge Frank S. Cheatham, Jr. It must have been scary to have been called to the Cheatham court!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 08:10 am:

For those too young to remember

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 09:09 am:

G.R....LOL.. we just watched a 3 stooges show on the tube last night!! That's how bad TV has gotten these days...we have to resort to the vintage shows for anything to watch. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 12:26 am:

Stan,

Why not print an overlay across your photos so when copied your information will appear on the photos.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration