Walbro Carburetor On A Speedster, Duh!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Walbro Carburetor On A Speedster, Duh!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 11:39 pm:

This was the carburetor on our 1927 speedster when we purchased it a dozen or so years ago. I am amazed that it ran on a dinky little go kart carburetor, not great but it ran! I changed it out with a NH before I did any serious driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 01:11 pm:

Yeah There was one of those on my roadster too, Worked better with a fuel pump but was discarded fairly quickly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 11:03 pm:

That looks like the Carb on my speedster. Texas T Carb...yes it needs a fuel pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 11:29 am:

Jay, when was your speedster built? It looks like it is the real deal, nice car. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 11:32 am:

Jay, when was your car built? It looks like the real deal, a piece of history. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

Don, The car was built by a friend when he was in high school in 1955. His father was a teacher at a local college. Some students had a 1927 Model T they took the body off of to use as on float in a parade and gave him the running gear which he brought home to his son. The cowl, seats and body were hand built and the rest of the parts were scrounged. I have left it looking the way I got it all but the gas tank which I swapped out for a new one after the above photo was taken. It runs great and had pretty much sat it a horse barn unused since the late 50's until I purchased it about a dozen odd years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 11:53 pm:

Sweet!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration