Opening front screen 22/3 roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Opening front screen 22/3 roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 05:34 am:

Hi all

When I bough my T the opening front screen had been locked into place with a couple of nuts loctited on! Rather than the wingnuts.

All seemed in good order so replaced the nuts with wingnuts and the screen now swivels open, a good start, but seems not quite right, it 'feels' like there should be some washers or similar between the screen but and the frame to enable to to happen smoothly, is this the case or does anyone have a diagram on how this bolts up?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 06:46 am:

A 1915-22 open Ford has a windshield similar to this where the upper pane folds rearwards:

18 ws

A 1923-25 open Ford has a sloping windshield where the top pane opens like this:

24 ws

The parts for swiveling windshields were similar 1923-27 and later - you'll find them in the catalogs, but as with many repro parts they may need some fitting until they actually fit..?
https://www.modeltford.com/item/7816BR.aspx
https://www.modeltford.com/item/37158.aspx

Here's a disassembled 26/27 windshield to demonstrate the parts:

26 27

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 08:55 am:

Hi

It's the 23/25 model

Thanks for the pics, I think it's been 'modified/repaired' at some point as the windscreen part ( that's bolts through ) looks more like a straight bolt, maybe it broke at some point hence has been bolted up.

I'll have a think and probably fabricate a suitable part/washer to go in between its part of its history, I'm not all about original as long as it works suitably and looks ok 😀

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 11:53 am:

Roger
Except Canadian cars. The post mounted windshield was there in '21 (and maybe earlier). On the Canadian cars both halves swivel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

Yep, Les, I know that, I just didn't think TT in UK had a Canadian produced car since UK produced their own cars - and the vast majority of the recently imported T's has been from the USA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

Hi, my T is a lhd is car from Illinois !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration