Help request for first time Model T'er in New Hampshire

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help request for first time Model T'er in New Hampshire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 07:33 am:

Long time folks since I have been on the boards. Due to taking care of my injured military Son and my own health issues I have not worked on a Model T in over a year !! A new buyer will need your advice and assistance
I have sold a 1926 Touring to Mary Anne who lives in Andover New Hampshire

Mary has not worked om Model T's. She knows all it detailed faults and any Model T'ers in the area that can contact her for help down the road will be appreciated

Basically, the engine has 20 PSI needs hopefully rings and a valve job to get running. Needs new wiring at a minimum from the battery to the starter. Left front wheel needs new bushings (can grab it at top and bottom some play) Steering gearbox has play etc etc. It does have a very nice top and will be a good car down the road . Sold it for a very low price. I sent her the Black Model T maintenance repair manual. I remember my first Model T . Even reading the book and then trying to hand crank it with the car in gear (brake lever was neutral but not adjusted properly) !!! Some common sense practical help from all you forum members years ago really got me educated.

Mary's email is keiki@tds.net if anyone wishes to offer Her advice on shipping from Indiana to New Hampshire and assistance there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 08:31 am:

David, Sorry to hear of your dilemma but sounds like you have given the Model T a good home. Give Mary this web address so those of us far away can help by answering questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 10:51 am:

David,

I am hauling for a member from Los Angeles, CA to New Hampshire.

I might have room depending on the route I take & if she can wait a couple weeks.

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration