Introducing- LI'l Teezy!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Introducing- LI'l Teezy!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Cougins on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 11:28 am:

Mountainhustler1@gmail.com
Hello from Boulder! I have recently acquired this touring car project and have a tremendous urge to drive it this sumer! Took no time at all to give it a name like my other project cars! Admittedly, I am a bit behind the curve when it comes to using internet forums like this but plan to give it my best. Please feel free to contribute any advice, information, or the location of parts! I have yet to figure out how to receive any p.m.s' here, but perhaps someone could send me a test message or post some instructions?
The cars' chassis was recently moved here from northern California and I found, along with a stack of magazines included, one previous owners name and address, which i promptly misplaced, but will bring up as soon as i find it! Story is- the car was first restored by the last owners father-in-law, then driven, worn out and parked. The more recent owner (son-in-law) started to re-restore the car and sadly passed before its completion. The chassis had a 27 roadster body that was kept by my buddy who purchased the roller, and the improved running gear was sold along to me. There is a "25 block with a Recardo head and a later trans. It is also equipped with a large drum Ruckstell rear end and has Hassler shock crudely adapted to fit around the large e-brake drum by cutting into the brackets. The front end had very badly worn and crudely repaired hassler shocks as well. All are being removed and stock springs set up as a starting point.
The cars' body was purchased locally from a cool hot-rodder who trimmed it a little to fit on a hot-rod model A frame. To his credit the cutting was minimal, and tidy. He also did quite a bit of righteous repair work as well and sold it for a fair price. Time for it to be a T again! The current wire wheels and white walls are just to keep it rolling as it came with four mis-matched original T wheels in very bad shape. I plan to use Model A wires and tires later as i already have a stack, and scored the nice adapters at a bargain price. I will be needing an ignition/light switch, all the wood, rear fenders, a windshield frame, complete top and seat springs all throughout and want to obtain as many original parts and get things as quickly as the budget allows. I will likely start with the windscreen as all else can be overlooked or otherwise fabricated for futzing around town.
Thanks to all who make this a great technical forum! Im looking forward to participating and it will certainly make it easier to join you folks on the road!

Respectfully, Chris Levi
Boulder, Co.
That's Aaron, not me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 01:08 pm:

Larger copy of the picture:

pic1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

Welcome to the affliction! It looks like a rough but worthwhile start to hopefully a long and enjoyable passion. Model T Fords seem to have a way of connecting their caretakers to history and the universe that few other things can accomplish.
Sounds like your car is going to be a bit of a "bitsa". Bitsa this and bitsa that. Nothing wrong with that at all. In some ways, those are the most fun, and sometimes the most gratifying Ts to have. If you can turn that pile into a usable and decent looking representation of a model T? You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you resurrected a piece of history from the scrap pile.
I have often said that the most fun antique automobiles are the ones that are less than perfect. Whether they are set up as a dust-bowl "hill-billy-mobile" or an older restoration (like my coupe)? They are the cars that can be driven, shown, and enjoyed without worrying about someone putting a scratch in it.
So, enjoy the journey! I hope you have a long and fun -filled association with the model T, and the world.
Do drive carefully, and enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 05:16 pm:

Welcome to the model T world. Very different than model A s or any other car i have had in my life. I waited until i was 51 to buy my first T and now i have 3. As some of the guys on here will tell you they multiple like rabbits. My project 26 roadster is made of about 10 different model Ts and i still need more parts. So take your time and enjoy these cars and maybe we can all keep them going for the next T owners!! TIM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 05:16 pm:

Welcome to the model T world. Very different than model A s or any other car i have had in my life. I waited until i was 51 to buy my first T and now i have 3. As some of the guys on here will tell you they multiple like rabbits. My project 26 roadster is made of about 10 different model Ts and i still need more parts. So take your time and enjoy these cars and maybe we can all keep them going for the next T owners!! TIM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

Chris:
welcome ...i see you are in Boulder ...for parts you might check with Dave Huson in Longmont or Randy Van Buren in Berthoud ...always an optimist ...gene french Nunn,Co.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

Have a lot of fun!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Levi on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

Thanks Fellows! I spent half of the first day staring through the transmission cover door, stunned. Like the first time you see a girls shirt getting un-buttoned, not sure how to proceed smoothly but you know you wanna get your hands in there! The first half of the second day was at Dave Husons' garage, testing the box of twenty filthy coil boxes that I got along with the chassis- out of which, so far, I have two working! A coupe of days ago Dave and I replaced the bushings in all four of the cars' spring hangers and I swapped him out a working carb for some crusty bodies that came with the project also. I'm finding a can of worms at every point of inspection, of course, and the list is very, very long. Thanks for the encouragement though! I'm really excited to be building a T! It's raining again so I will get more pics of the tourings' current state posted after the dang camera battery re- charges. -Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Levi on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

Thanks Fellows! I spent half of the first day staring through the transmission cover door, stunned. Like the first time you see a girls shirt getting un-buttoned, not sure how to proceed smoothly but you know you wanna get your hands in there! The first half of the second day was at Dave Husons' garage, testing the box of twenty filthy coil boxes that I got along with the chassis- out of which, so far, I have two working! A coupe of days ago Dave and I replaced the bushings in all four of the cars' spring hangers and I swapped him out a working carb for some crusty bodies that came with the project also. I'm finding a can of worms at every point of inspection, of course, and the list is very, very long. Thanks for the encouragement though! I'm really excited to be building a T! It's raining again so I will get more pics of the tourings' current state posted after the dang camera battery re- charges. -Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Levi on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Thanks Fellows! I spent half of the first day staring through the transmission cover door, stunned. Like the first time you see a girls shirt getting un-buttoned, not sure how to proceed smoothly but you know you wanna get your hands in there! The first half of the second day was at Dave Husons' garage, testing the box of twenty filthy coil boxes that I got along with the chassis- out of which, so far, I have two working! A coupe of days ago Dave and I replaced the bushings in all four of the cars' spring hangers and I swapped him out a working carb for some crusty bodies that came with the project also. I'm finding a can of worms at every point of inspection, of course, and the list is very, very long. Thanks for the encouragement though! I'm really excited to be building a T! It's raining again so I'm stuck inside and will get more pics of the tourings' current state posted after the dang camera battery re- charges. -Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Levi on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

Huh? Site told me to try re-posting as there was some error. Then both show up. I don't normally need to double tap...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration