Late 1913 Choke Hold

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Late 1913 Choke Hold
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 04:36 pm:

In previous posts regarding the choke wire (radiator to carb), it seems the consensus is that the loop should be horizontal. See photo posted by Mike Walker:
loop

In his Archifacts article on choke pull rods, John Regan showed the progression of the design. In March of 1913 the carburetor end was changed to have an offset in the end of the rod. The design drawing indicates the offset was in the same plane as the loop.

diagram

The 1913 cars used both the Holly 2 screw (which has a horizontal choke lever) and the Kingston 4 ball (which has a vertical lever).

2 screw4 ball
My questions are:

How was the offset end attached to the carb lever i.e. what is the correct way to hook or bend the end?
It seems that if attached to the Holly 2 screw, the loop would be vertical, is that correct?

Pictures of the correct setup would be appreciated! I have both carbs available and am not sure which I will ultimately use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

Opps, 2 photos of the Holly.

Here's the Knngston:king

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration