Question about Transmission Clutch drums... Early vs. Later

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Question about Transmission Clutch drums... Early vs. Later
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 10:22 am:

I am rebuilding a spare 1915 Transmission. So far, the only part I've found, other than bushings, that has a problem is the clutch drum. Somehow, it's no longer a tight press fit on the center shaft.

I have two good spares on the shelf, but according to the Langs catalog, there is an "early version" used from 09-19 with six holes (pn 3332EU) and a later version from 19-27 with 2 holes (pn 3332LU). My spares are the later version while the original, that I need to replace is clearly the early version.

My questions is: Are they interchangeable? I see no dimensional difference between the two styles.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 11:09 am:

There is difference.

Older post lets you know why.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/304360.html?1344281064

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

Thanks Dan...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration