Ford sign any info

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ford sign any info
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 10:34 am:

This sign is I know original. my dad got it in the late 30's I can't remember what he told me about it he had a garage & gas station starting about 1937 anybody know why ford would give a sign to a non dealer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 10:56 am:

If he sold Ford parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 11:37 am:

Did Ford actually give them away? Knowing Ford's attitude towards his dealers in 1919/20 when he sent them lots of parts they never asked for and then demanded money for it, then I'd think there was a charge..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

Model A era sign.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

It looks like the 30s signs. What a cool sign!! TIM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

Thanks guys my dad was not a ford dealer or stock ford parts that I know of. I only remember him saying he got the sign new. I put it on my bedroom wall when I was a kid. I sure wish I would have taped all the things he said

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

Paul: look at the other thread about Ford signs and go to the link I posted. That guy has been collecting signs for years and has a lot of info about years and where they were used. Your sign is 40's to 50's I think. Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration