Ruckstell Tolerances

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ruckstell Tolerances
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 11:45 am:

OOPS I put this message in the classified section and then realized it should have been here.
Looking for the go no go tolerances for the parts in the Ruckstell rear end. Need to rebuild one and need to find out what parts to replace. Also for the drive shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 11:46 am:

See my answer in the Classified thread. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Spainhower - Portland, Oregon on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Two absolute must-haves are Glen Chaffin's book, and a dial indicator. In general, you need to keep end-play at .006" and gear lash at .010", but there's obviously more to it once you get into the book.

On mine, I had to replace the P139 and P145 thrust plates, plus all the thrust washers. I can't imagine doing this job without a lathe. Sure, you can sand the washers to fit, but being able to face the parts accurately on a lathe helps a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 09:45 am:

I usually try to get .005 between the correct fiber washer and the bell.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration