Touring Seat Springs - Fit?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Touring Seat Springs - Fit?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

Does anyone have good pictures of how the seat backs for the touring car (mines a 1916 Fisher Body) are supposed to fit? My old springs are above the back of the seat and pushing back over the top. This causes the covering to come un-tacked. Going to put new covers on new seat back springs this season.

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

Here is a new one. The back of the rear seat is never seen because the top is permanently screwed to it and secured by the metal strip. If the top were removed, it would look much like the front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

Here's a used one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 07:45 pm:

The top boot even back then looks like the same problem we have with new boots today...like stretching an ants ass over a rain barrel! Can't anyone give us just a bit of slack in these so we don't have to pull so hard on 'em things start to tear?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

Ah DANG IT! Coffee spewing out of my nose and all over the keyboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

Tom-
Here is the back seat of my 1919 while I was doing the upholstery 20+ years ago...

...back when I had hair...

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 08:28 pm:

Here's the trim:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration