Old Photo - Puppeteers Students Of Yale Depot Hack

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Puppeteers Students Of Yale Depot Hack
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 10:50 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 11:06 am:

That's a pretty neat T. I don't believe I've seen very many 1926/27 improved cars that were sold as a running chassis with a custom body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

I like the way the spare tire is carried underneath. Don't think I've ever seen that in an old photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

Jay - Another great photo!

Henry - Even nowadays, among all of the restored/preserved Model "T's that we see, depot hacks and hucksters usually have a certain "look" to them that seems to be pretty uniform, and this photo is pretty typical, what with the usual three or four rows of what appears to be individual little "panels" that make up the sides of the body. And for some reason, I'm pretty sure the the "new improved" '26-'27 Model "T's are seldom seen restored as depot hacks or hucksters. That's one reason I kinda' like my '27 depot hack as it's "a bit different". (See my profile photo) Actually, Frank Harris (who knew my depot hack when it belonged to the late Pete Cosner) has told me that my '27 should more correctly be referred to as a "shooting brake". However, for some reason, that seems to me more like a British term,.....whatever,.......FWIW,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 12:08 am:

What is the term "Shooting Brake" supposed to mean ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 12:30 am:

I'm not all that sure either Burger, but as I understand it, it's a British term for a sort of "estate wagon" that was used for some kind of high society hunting or sport shooting kind of thing I guess. It was new to me too when Frank Harris told me that. I'm stick'n with "depot hack",......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 07:14 am:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting-brake

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration