Applying slip paint to spring leaves

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Applying slip paint to spring leaves
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 11:49 am:

Should slip paint be applied so both surfaces that rub against each other have slip paint? Or should one surface with slip paint rub against a surface with regular paint?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

Starting at the top leaf,only apply Slip-ease to the bottom .Do each one of the springs ,but not the bottom of main leaf. No need to do both sides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

No need, but no harm either. I mixed graphite powder in regular paint and painted both sides. Works fine :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 01:08 pm:

Original Ford slip paint formula. www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/607785.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

I make my own and just paint the underside. A good thick coat works good to take care of both painted and unpainted leaf.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration