First drive of the year.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: First drive of the year.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

Lizzie started and ran well but all i really wanted was to put fresh gas in and warm her up to change the oil.I have ran 5-30 for years but this time i switched to 5-40 synthetic. It started up and ran with no noise or leaks so i will tell if the wheels fall off!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

I started all of mine in these last weeks also. I started putting 5-30 in my model T s after seeing all the posts about oil on the forum. I change my oil very frequently so i am sure it doesn't matter. I am still using 15-40 in my Model A. The builder (Antique engine builders) recommended it and so far all has been ok. I have only put about 1500 miles on it since its complete rebuild. I am taking the model A to a show tomorrow about 40 miles away so she will get a few more miles logged. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 02:31 pm:

Tim,I use 15-40 in the wifes model A also.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

Come on guys...GET REAL! Not another thread along the lines of: "I've used Xw-XX oil for years and a piston has never smashed a hole in the block, so therefore it must be the best oil to use in a T".

We've been here before. Such posts are meaningless. Everyone knows, from Trump to Sanders, the real deal is 20w-50. No true believer would use anything else.

(Message edited by m2m on May 06, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 04:25 pm:

Sorry if i offended you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 05:18 pm:

I forgive you. You really should know by now that talking about engine oil, water pumps, e-timers, how fast to drive a T, is like talking about someone's wife or kids or religion!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

I wanna see pictures of the car on the drive!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration