Old Photo - Young Lad Behind The Wheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Young Lad Behind The Wheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

Lets hope he remembers to put the radiator cap back on before he takes off!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 10:54 pm:

Cool picture but everyone better get out of the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Friday, May 06, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

The kid really looks a lot like "Wheezer" from the late 1920's-early 1930's "Our Gang" series! Spooky! If it weren't for those Texas license plates...Bobby "Wheezer" Hutchins was from the State of Washington.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 12:02 am:

Love the openwire phone ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael J. Wilcox on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 08:01 am:

Interesting shocks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Pergande, Essexville MI on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 08:06 am:

Interesting tire tread too...looks like the top of my head...on all 4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 08:59 am:

Looks like someone's dog had just been next to that left front tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 09:24 am:

Since it has a Texas plate on it with the small radiator tag the pic must have been taken in 1924. The small radiator tag was used in 24 only if I remember. Maybe someone else can clarify that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 11:09 am:

My licence plate book states the radiator "seals" were round 1917 - 1919 and rectangular 1920 - 1924. The year appeared on the seal and not the plate. The plate in the photo has the large TEX which is like only the first one shown in my book indicating 1917. Possibly that plate was used later with the appropriate seal. Only one other plate is shown in this book before a 1925 plate that bears the year. I would think the paint condition of this car is later than new so 1923 - 1924 would be a good guess. Maybe our Texas members have better info.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 11:35 am:

I would say the photo dates from 1922.

That style of Texas plate was used 1917 through 1922.

The rectangular radiator seal with dark over light background (black over yellow) was 1922.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

Looks like the radiator was a leaker. Notice the cap is off and the puff of steam. Someone had just topped it off then grabbed the Brownie. Probably accounts for the wet tire as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leck - Ohio on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

Some things don't change in 95 years. If I pile up some stuffing behind his rear, this little guy can push low pedal and keep it between the lines pretty good.

B&W T

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration