Brass Door Sill Plates - Year and Value

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Brass Door Sill Plates - Year and Value
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 10:08 pm:

I posted this originally in the classifieds by accident, not looking to sale at this time.

I found these brass door sill plates in my gpa's parts that I got with my coupelet. I believe they are for an earlier t. Believe they are NOS.

Can someone give me the correct year and what they are worth?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

Phil-
They are 1909-1911 front sills for a touring. Maybe runabout used them, too?

Lang's has reproductions for $64.75.

My guess is what you have are older reproductions.

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 12:04 am:

Is there a way to tell if they are NOS? from what I know of my gpa's parts collecting he would have bought NOS if possible.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 12:27 am:

I think they have been making sill plate repros for decades. 50 years ago even I have heard (although correct me if I'm wrong Royce, Larry, and otherss.) I have some rear sill plates for a 13, and I have one rear 13 sill plate I know for sure is original. The other pair I have look like decades old (40 50 plus years old) repros. They have that age to them, and don't look like modern repops either. I'm very curious though when they were made. I just doubt I'm that lucky in getting NOS sill plates for my 13.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 03:40 am:

Sometimes hard to believe, but a reproduction part from 1960 is a bit older now than the original was in 1960.

The 1927 Paige my father bought as a family project was 40 years old when he bought it from the original owner in 1967. Next year, it will turn 90. Gosh, I feel old. And the Paige still isn't finished.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 09:11 am:

There is company in NJ that has been making door sills for years. The Father started and now the son is making them. I think that there may be grandkids working there. Most likely they are some of theirs. They make sills so good that they look like NOS. They were next to me years ago in the White field. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 10:59 am:

The door sills on the front doors in 1909 - 10 were narrower than those sill plates, Ford did not have brass name plates on the front sills until the new metal clad bodies arrived in 1911 model year.

This is a photo of a reproduction sill plate on John Mays 1912. The other one on John's car is an original, the one that had been on the driver side was in poor shape so I replaced it before he bought the car. As you can see the 1" wide strip almost completely covers the wooden sill at the front.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration