26 roadster top instructions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 26 roadster top instructions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Myers_____Pittsburgh, PA on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

Hi everyone - I bought this top for my 26 roadster, second hand, about a year ago. I have finally got around to installing it and there are no instructions.

There are no indications who the manufacturer is if that matters.

Does anyone have a set of instructions for the installation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 11:05 pm:

Here's some generic written instructions.

And link to general touring top instruction videos

http://classtiqueupholstery.com/index.php/installation-videos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

I did one on my 21 many years ago. Hopefully I can remember enough to get you started. If your kit is anything like mine was.
Use the Black cloth to cover the wood portion of the bows. Fold the ends over on to itself to hide the raw cut edge of the cloth. Remembering to put the tacks on top so they do not show when the top is up.

Next I would install the bows on the car and lock into place at the windshield posts. Run a length of heavy cord down the middle from the windshield over, one wrap, the rear bow to the seat tack strip to hold the bows in the correct position.

Lay out the pads with the cloth then the burlap strips and tack at the front bow then the rear bow. then lay on the cotton padding. Fold the cloth over the cotton padding and lace up with a heavy needle and thread. At this point you can remove the cord holding the bows up. The pads should hold it all in place. Make any needed adjustments.
Now its a matter of fitting the vinyl top material onto the bows and tacking on. Stretch it tight. Best to do it on a warm day. Use the welting to finish off the tack lines. This should get you started. There appears to be some pieces in the pictures that I do not know where they fit. Hopefully someone else will chime in That has done a 26-7. Might be good to look at another 26-7 roadster and take some pictures of the final fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Looks like Dan replied while I was remembering and ttyping. Looks like some good instructions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 07:44 am:

Mark: you may also want to look at this link
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/575928.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 07:49 am:

Forgot to say oct 2nd and 23rd are what you want to look at

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 08:43 am:

Classtique's website has a couple of good videos on intallation of a touring top, a lot of that info transfers to your Roadster.

http://www.classtiqueupholstery.com/index.php/installation-videos

On my top, I used push pins to position things initially before I stapled, just in case I had to make adjustments. I also bit the bullet and bought a good pneumatic staple gun made for upholstery work, it helped a lot because I was able to position the material with one hand and staple with the other.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

How do you make a copy of that video to move it from the computer room Desktop with an Internet link to the garage for view with a Laptop without an Internet link, where the car is located and then be able to pause, as you continue with the installation?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 02:19 pm:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-download-video-from-just-about-any-site-t ha/

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration