Good thing "T's" have magnetos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Good thing "T's" have magnetos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 08:17 am:

My better half and I went to a cruise-in last night when we left I did notice SaraJane was cranking slower than usual but thought it was just from sitting. On the way to the cruise-in I noticed the ammeter needle was at "0" and did not budge. So when it came time to leave hit the starter button... nothing :-( no coil buzz either :-( switch to magneto 4 pulls SaraJane fired up and I drove home, I have a new appreciation for magneto's and the "Texas T Alternator" is dead. Oh well home safe and sound I can fix it at my leisure :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 09:44 am:

G.R. you made Henry smile from above! :-) Nice that your evening wasn't spoiled by having to call AAA which is what woulda happened in a modern car! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration