Gas line to carb

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Gas line to carb
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

I have dumb question but every model T I see has a Cooper fuel line. Both of mine do too. What is correct for 26-27 model T from the fuel bulb to the carb? Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/116133.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 06:55 pm:

On a 26/27 it won't matter as the line is only about 10" long and almost vertical, a long line from the under seat tanks should be steel or Stainless, 1/4" OD is usually enough.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 07:00 pm:

Tim, For a driver (not a show car) I use this set up. Not original but Works great. Harv.

fuel

(Message edited by adminchris on May 09, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

Go to an auto parts store and get a 1/4 steel brake line. They come in every length with about a 2 inch increment. Buy the correct fittings for your tank and carb or just cut it and use with the fitting you have. Last forever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Your gas line should look like an upside down question mark. ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 10:54 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 11:12 am:

Please ignore the Teflon tape at the tractor bowl.
Steve, Can we use the upside down question markto bring a thread to the beginning?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 11:14 am:

Here's a picture of what I have on my 26 T.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

Thanks everyone. It sounds like a upside down question mark will work for me and 1/4 inch brake line. Again Thanks Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration