Identify auxiliary transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Identify auxiliary transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Weiss on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

I went to the Rhinebeck New York swap meet and between the rain showers I picked up this transmission it does not have a name cast anywhere on it looking for information on what it is. I will be taking the cover off in the am to see what the insides look like
Thank You Bill

(Message edited by adminchris on May 09, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 06:45 pm:

Looks like a mid '20s Chevrolet transmission (based on the mounting on the sides). There are other possibilities for what it could have come out of. However, the Chevrolet used a similar square coupling to the U-joint and was most easily adapted and recommended often for use in various types of model T modifications.
This one looks a lot better done than the one I have.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

Might be a Mohawk, those had an extra U-Joint up front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Weiss on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

Wayne I did a little looking and found an add on Ebay for a 1926 Chevy transmission cover and it matches mine and the part number is also the same looks like this is a 3 speed Thank you for the information Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

Sounds good. You are welcome.

Dan T, That Mohawk looks neat! I have never seen one.
Thanks again for a wonderful addition.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration