New style Carburator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New style Carburator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Belling on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

http://www.texastparts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TTP&Product_C ode=T6200M&Category_Code=I Is anyone using on of these carburetors Birdhaven ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

I have removed several of those and thrown them away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 08:39 pm:

There is no reason to run one of those. There are at least a dozen Model T carbs than run just fine and over 200 accessory carbs that run better or worse but are period correct. That is a lawn mower carb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Belling on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

OK thanks, good to know. I think I will stay with my NH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

New is not always better remember that

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

Melvin Francis in our Dallas club came up with this carburetor for his 26 coupe. It's designed for a Kohler engine and adapted to the Model T. In a improved model cowl tank it worked well for him. Ralph Zajicek was a fan of these carburetor and he put them on all his cars and sold them to others. The downfall of these carburetors is that they usually require an electric fuel pump. Ralph also used distributors in his cars. The result of either of these mods is your at the mercy of your battery and generator. In a stock Model T with magneto and coils you have redundant systems, either of which can keep your car going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 11:57 pm:

Ted
I suppose adding one of the magneto powered battery chargers would offset the concern you are talking about.
Ralph always impressed me with his "smarts", so the carb likely works well.
Royce next time you are taking one of please contact me l can try it just for chuckles and learning (which I live to do).
Last couple of weeks I've been tanning a buffalo hide just for the learning experience!!
Now back to working on my aluminum "T" engine!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 04:30 pm:

Les,

Are you making a buffalo robe for you or your wife or will it be a top for one of your open cars?

Ralph was quite sharp and an interesting fellow to learn from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

Well Les, I have to say, I feel sorry for the buffalo! Speaking of "learning experiences", I had MY hide "tanned" several times when I was a little kid, and as you say, it usually was indeed, a "learning experience"!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration