4 Generations

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 4 Generations
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

We visited my 96-year-old Grandpa today, and the weather was too nice to drive anything less than a Model T. :-)

We took this 4 generation photo with Grandpa, Mom, myself, and my sons in front of the T.

Grandpa is quite proud of this car, as his parents bought it new in October 1914. He remembers blowing out the flame in the taillight when the sun came up on a long family trip when he was 4 years old... That's his favorite story to tell about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 11:00 pm:

Derek-
Nice picture. Nice looking family.

It is nice to see a car that has stayed in the family. You know all the car's history!
Does your grandpa have any photos of the car from the early days?

Thanks for sharing,

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 07:27 am:

Derek,

How special! You and your family are blessed. You may want to video some of your Grandpa’s stories. Your children’s children may really enjoy listening to them.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

Like. That is a great picture that you will forever be glad you have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

Give some serious thought of writing an article for the Vintage Ford and get plenty of photos of Your Grandpa, Mom, and your family with your T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

Derek, your mother and I enjoyed the Mothers Day with you and Jenna and the boys yesterday. It was a great day cruising in the T. Your grampa really enjoyed the visit at the nursing home. David, there was a story in the Model T Times back in Jul Aug 1995. There is a picture of 7 year old Derek sitting in the T the day we brought it home. The T times editor massacred Derek's name. He probably couldn't read my writing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 08:15 pm:

Derek, pretty cool!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

Great picture and family!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

Derek, Great history of your family car enjoyed in the past, present and looks like it will continue to be enjoyed well into the future. Thanks for sharing your wonderful story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 01:53 am:

What a wonderful picture. Enjoy your Dad every day that you are able to spend time with him. I lost my Dad last year just before he turned 98. Enjoyed many years restoring and working on cars with him. Those of us that are able to enjoy our Dad's for so many years are truly blessed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 02:02 am:

Yes, you are. My old man was a surly, abusive bast#@d. Wish it could have been
some other way, but those were the cards I was dealt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 02:07 am:

I've enjoyed watching your father pass this hobby on to you and you passing it in to your boys. I remember that you weren't much older than they are back when I was new to the hobby, started touring with the T Totalers and met your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Kiefaber on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 04:16 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Kiefaber on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 04:16 am:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration