Mini Hyatt Bearing?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Mini Hyatt Bearing?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 12:18 am:

I picked up a load of T parts today and in a box of Hyatt axle bearings I found this mini Hyatt bearing. What might this have been used in? PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 01:45 am:

Model A Water pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 08:17 am:

There are two much like that in the lay gear in a Moore accessory transmission.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 10:07 am:

I think Model A's used a similar bearing at the front of the driveshaft?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 10:41 am:

The front drive shaft bearing is a bit bigger and is too long for the water pump. I would say without having it in hand it one of the Model A transmission cluster gear bearings by the size.

(Message edited by redmodelt on May 09, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 11:05 am:

This guy had a pile of A stuff along with all the T stuff. That could be the answer. Thanks, PK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 11:17 am:

It could also be the bearing for the sliding gear shaft where it rides in the imput shaft. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 11:36 am:

Those Hyatt bearings, of various sizes, were used in auxiliary transmissions such as Rocky Mountain six speed. Typically for the counter shaft (cluster) gear. I sense that it is called the *lay gear* in Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

The 1919 Hyatt roller bearing catalog which lists only this type of bearing ( as above and Model T d/s and axle) has 53 listings per page and 15+ pages. Must be just a start on the types they ultimately made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

Possibility a display for dealers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

Hyatt made bearings for thousands of applications, as Layden suggests. No telling what that one was for.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration