Warford Mounting Bracket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Warford Mounting Bracket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 11:04 am:

A Warford mounting bracket just sold on ebay for $170 plus $30 shipping. I was bidding on this item in order to get the clamp plates and U bolts. Anyway that's a lot of money for a bracket...someone must be serious about mounting a cast iron Warford.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Warford-Mounting-Bracket-/231930903722?hash =item360028bcaa:g:V58AAOSw9~RXJr3K&vxp=mtr
Anybody have those plates??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Paetz on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 11:48 am:

I have a pair with u bolts I would sell for $75.00 without the cross brace. shipping extra.
Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

It is a nice heads up to see what those plates look like. I have used Warfords for many years with makeshift mountings.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

Here is what the plates look like installed. They are quite simple as are the U-bolts.
plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

Ron Paetz - Sent you a "PM",....please advise, thanx,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

I guess if I wanted to pay $75 for the plates and U-bolts I would have increased my bid on ebay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

Hi Richard and others...

I have an original cast-iron Warford on the way to Edmonton now, destined for my '24 Speedster.

It comes sans mounting brackets, and I would appreciate any suggestions for, and photos of, homebuilt mounting setups for these units.

Thanks in advance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

You can fabricate a pretty nice mounting bracket using a Ford pressed steel running board bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

Iron case Warford mounting bracket on a TT:

TTchassis-3

Warford Mount -3

Warford Mount -4

Warford Mount -5

Warford Mount -6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 06:22 am:

Thank you Phil and Dan. I don't have an extra running board bracket but can surely scrounge one without much trouble.

I was a little surprised to see the transmission hanging from the bracket is this generally the case? I was expecting (for no particular reason) more of a belly strap like the aftermarket transmission supports.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 09:26 am:

Ron Paetz - Sent you a "PM" on May 9th but not sure you have received it. Could you click on my profile and send me a "PM" to my email address and send me your email address? Thanks,....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 11:44 am:

I have this one, it's marked on it that it's for a TT, looks similar to the one that was on ebay.
I don't want to sell it as I have a CI Warford w/it.
Chris, can give you dimensions ifn it will help.

x member

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

Besides the Warford mounting bracket, does anyone have the dimensions, drawings or clear photos of the bracket clamp plates and U-bolts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

Hi Ken;

Please post the measurements for the bracket you have, I'd like to make something similar and it would be a big help.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Paetz on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

Harold I sent you a couple emails but must not have made it.
email lonepine@mwt.net
thanks Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 07:14 am:

Hi Ken, yes please on the measurements, sounds like several of us would appreciate them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

I've got a cast iron worford on my Speedster that is coming off this weekend with the entire shortened driveshaft and lowered rear axle. Standard set up without the Warford is going back on. I believe this has a Bubba Bracket holding up the Warford as it is not attached to the frame, just laying ontop of the lower channel, although there is one hole in one end of the bracket, no hole in the frame. Wanted it to flex?
When I get it all rolled out this weekend, I'll take a better look at the bracket and bolts and be happy to post photos and measurements, if helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

I have two warfords and both have the TT mounting cross brace.
I do not have the frame mounts.
I won't be using the cross brace as I'm putting my warford in a car chassis.
If someone is after one if the braces, PM me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 08:28 am:

Chris Otto,
It sounds like you have the cast iron Warfords if you have the braces (brackets). Even if you put it into a car chassis you still need the mounting bracket. You can modify it to fit under the chassis rails for a passenger car. If you are thinking of hard mounting the Warford to the T transmission by removing the front U-joint extension...don't!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 10:02 am:

Forget my "brace", it is a Bubba part. Just U shaped settl with a notch cut out for the exhaust pipe to pass under and two large bolts connected to some sort of holding bracket to the top plate of the cast iron Warford. Not anything that would be of help to anyone but I will leave it in place on this Warford and driveshaft and rear axle combo in case someone wants to do a speedster or Doodlebug with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 11:06 am:

As requested:
Dimentions
I made a mistake, I said it is a square channel and it's actually a U channel.

Another view:
View

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

John McGinnis:
Correct, I have (now had) two for the braces for the cast iron Warfords.
I am not going to direct mount it without the u-joint.
However I am going to use a different style of cross bracing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration