Leaf Spring Lubrication

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Leaf Spring Lubrication
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Perkins on Monday, May 09, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

Looking for advice on how to lubricate the front and rear leaf springs on '26 Runabout without removing from frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 01:19 am:

We usually only provide the proper method for performing a particular function, and for this function, the proper way to lubricate leaf springs is to dismantle them and apply slip paint between the leafs and reassemble, but something is better than nothing, so, if you want to lubricate your springs without dismantling them, I have found a very good Teflon based penetrating spray lubricant called "Tri-Flow". Spray it on the outside of your springs and it should penetrate the interior of the assembled spring and lubricate between the leafs. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 04:48 am:

Tri-Flow makes lube, grease, and degrease products primarily for bicycles. My husband uses them for his road racing bikes. I've seen them online but if you want to buy local try the bike stores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 06:59 am:

I do it the cheap way !!
Toon
1090R
1091R
1092R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 07:35 am:

Love that oil can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 08:36 am:

Back when leaf springs were more common there were tools available to spread the leafs for easier application of grease. You may find something at a swap meet or ebay :-)
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/122693.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 10:05 am:

I just did mine with a coffee can, some used motor oil and a small brush. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 10:42 am:

Check the classifieds if you wish to do it the original way'greaser

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration