Fuel gauge measurements?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Fuel gauge measurements?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 12:36 am:

This gives the measurements for sticks to check the gas in oval, square, and 26-27 tanks.

Can anybody direct me to a source of measurements for the round tank?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 08:27 am:

I found mine in a Dykes. I don't remember which one exactly. I am on a ferry on my way to work right now. I will look it up tonight if no one else finds it first.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 08:40 am:

Steve, Do it to old fashioned way. Start with a empty round tank and 1x2 stick. Add a gallon to the tank and measure. Add a second gallon and measure. Etc, etc......:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 08:51 am:

From a 2011 thread: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/246150.html?1321031274

Jon Crane posted:

Here is the table from "The Model T Ford" by Paige, 1922 edition , 10gal round tank listed on page 134.

Gal - Inch of gas

1 - 1 17/32
2 - 2 9/16
3 - 3 1/2
4 - 4 11/32
5 - 5 1/8
6 - 5 29/32
7 - 6 3/4
8 - 7 11/16
9 - 8 23/32
10- 10 1/4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 08:52 am:

From the July 15, 1920 Service Bulletin:

Gas Gauge -1

Gas Gauge -2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 10:43 am:

Many thanx. I'm adding those to my files.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 10:46 am:

Why not just buy a gas tank stick? I think Langs gives them away! Old originals are on ebay all the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 11:20 am:

Someone gave me a tank gauge with all three scales on it that is printed on a paint mixing stick, ( or a large tongue depressor ).
it fits nicely laying flat under the seat and one dip tells you how much gas you have. Great while filling the tank and avoiding a smelly spill over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

I built a little holder for mine in the tank compartment behind the seats in my Speedster.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration