Carbide tail light

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Carbide tail light
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

Need help identifying this Victor 61 carbide tail light. Who ever had it must have ran like crazy around the car to light all three.lightlight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 05:09 pm:

Jim
Not really, you just open all three doors to prevent gas build up. Then light the one closest first. Really you want the lines to be purged of any oxygen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

Jim; I hope you use it! I've wanted to find one of those! I always thought they'd be a great accessory for driving at night using.

When you light it pinch the gas hose and blow out the extra gas in the body of the light to get rid of any build up.

Good luck!

(Message edited by Modeltbarn on May 13, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 01:59 pm:

Gary, the tail light is for sale. Make me a fair offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Hi Jim. Just sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

Jim,

It's actually a Victor 461. I have used the one I have on my '14 in place of a John Brown 115. Here is one lit up.

The top is open but you can see the 1/4 cubic foot burner lit. I think the John Brown 115 is better because it has the blue light on the driver's side and it is as bright as the acetylene.

I run a Prest-O-Lite so the headlights and tail light are easily lit in about sixty seconds.

Ken in Texas

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration