OT-make and number of cars sold in Detroit, 1906

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT-make and number of cars sold in Detroit, 1906
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 10:35 pm:

In 1907 Ford took over the mantle of largest auto producer in the world. For 1906, due to lagging production issues, Ford's new models K and N were late to the marketplace. Still, according to this article, Ford led all makers in number of sales in Detroit. Detroiters are credited with purchasing a million dollars worth of new cars in 1906. In today's dollars, the equivalent of about twenty five million dollars:

This spreadsheet breaks down the numbers. I don't know why the article doesn't assign the sales lead to White, unless that is their total sales number in the U.S., or their reported numbers are being discounted?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 01:14 am:

I like the part about Packards, "twenty-three cars---the skidoo number". While I am familiar with the phrase, and knew some history behind it, I was surprised to find it in an article this early. The reporter must have been a jazzbo!
Thank you again Rob!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration