Old Photo - Interesting Body

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Interesting Body
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 10:54 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:46 am:

'11 Torpedo with accessory windscreen ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:47 am:

And "Neville" slider !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

That's my thought too Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

Not really an accessory windscreen, but a 1915 Model T windscreen and an improvised sheet metal filler piece between the windshield frame and the firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

Running Board looks more like a '12 than an '11 ?
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 03:43 pm:

I agree the cowl looks to be mode-made from a 1915. He had to re-do the front top bow and the top to make it all fit. I believe it is the original top.

Good eye on the running board, Don, but I think the short door points to the 1911 torpedo. Although the 1912 had the long running boards... Maybe it is a transitional car. I rather suspect the running boards, splash aprons and rear fenders are 1915 or later and was part of the "updating."

Thanks, Jay for posting the picture.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

I don't see any pinstripes. Maybe an ORIGINAL FrankenT. MG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

Many companies even then refurbished older style or wrecked cars. Doing a rebody to a towncar after it was not the latest style was a mainstay for them. This may have been a wreck that got the modified 1915 windshield and later fenders, a paint job and the sport driving had a good car at cut rate price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 04:06 pm:

The Neville steering wheel probably came from the wrecking yard as it is not one made for a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

Layden, I know the 'made for T's' slider wheels have the same convex offset as the Ford wheels, but the wheel shown gives a much more leg room between the seat and the wheel. I put a new centre in my slider wheel to adapt it to my T and it gave me the same result. Perhaps both offsets were offered.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Does it look like the spark and throttle rods are run outside the steering column? Or is that a reflection? Were they made that way?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 09:59 pm:

That bloke looks like a Financial Auditor to me! Very calculating and its either black or white. No grey areas!
Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

The spark and throttle rods have the knobs on the ends. I vote Franken T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:52 pm:

I do believe the body tub is from a 1911 Torpedo. The front body-to-frame mounting bracket is attached to the body with only two step bolts. That is a piece of hardware unique to the T/OR cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Yes it's a 1911 Torpedo. I agree with Layden, that it probably went thru a rebirth. You will notice the front quarters and doors have caps on them. You can see the cup washers and oval head screws holding them in place. Also, it has 1913-25 running boards, as the script is crossways. When you look at the reflection of the rear fender off the splash apron it appears to have a pucker to the sheet metal inside the bead work, suggesting that the fenders are 17-25 crowned type. Wish we could of seen just a little more of the front of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 09:15 am:

I hate to see 13-25 running boards grouped together! The script runs the same direction, and that is all.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration