Old Photo - Model T Era Parts House

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era Parts House
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 10:57 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:02 am:

Looks like aftermarket steering wheels were HOT items. (:>|)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:27 am:

I see that batteries were expensive @ $16.50 I can almost hear "that's outrageous what are they made of ,Gold?" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:35 am:

G.R.,
It's the Midas touch, how to turn lead into gold. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:41 am:

How's about the what appears to be an "oversized" tire repair outfit can on the counter just right of center - wish that was on my shop display case ! Ford keyboard also !

Way cool photo !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph W. Rudzik on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:42 am:

The problem I'm having with this picture is, I see the parts I need for m Decker locking steering wheel and the time machine is down.

Joe R. Independence, Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:45 am:

I would be nice to have some those accessories for my car at those prices! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:58 am:

check out the Fordson tractor cast iron toy in the left hand display case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

I just wish this dealership's parts department was right next door to my shop - with the stock intact!

Wishfully thinking,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

My shop is wired like that. Drives the City electrical inspectors crazy, but it is SO cool ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 04:01 pm:

What is the cylindrical container on the counter? I see a Ford script on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

It appears to be an oversized tire repair tin, Keith.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

An interesting thing is the large roll of paper that's on the end of the counter. By the looks of the pic the area in front of the large paper roll was pretty clean. Did this Ford dealership use paper to wrap the items in when they were sold?
What else would the large sheets of paper be used for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

John
That is what I thought too. Then it just hit me, maybe to put under oily greasy parts that were brought in to the store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

Does look like a larger version of this can (poor pic found on the web):

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 06:13 pm:

GREAT PHOTO! Look at the wheels next to the office on the top shelf they are packed in a create just like was recently discussed on the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 06:51 pm:

Thanks Jay for posting the photos that you find. It gives us a glimpse back in time to how shops were stocked and run. Looks like some knob and tube wiring on the roof joists. This one is cool:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

I'll go along with Trent! It's a real Ford parts department. Look at the keyboard, and the stack of hand windshield wipers in the display case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

Looks like the "wheel" closest to the keyboard is actually a display of a "rim expander" tool for tire work, displayed inside a wheel rim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Hmmm,....and then again, the diameter doesn't look big enough to be a wheel rim. Maybe it's two steering wheels, displayed one on top of the other, hanging on the one peg. Hard to tell.....?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 03:56 pm:

OK, I'll take 3 of these, 4 of those, two of them there, and here's my wish list. There's my credit card machine. Chip or slide?.....J.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration