Fender/splash shield assy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Fender/splash shield assy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

I'm nearly finished with the fitting of all new fenders and splash shields, pretty easy, fit up was mostly very good, one thing did need more work, the front running board to fenders, the holes in the running boards (original) came right at the edge of the fenders. So I welded the holes in the boards and moved the holes about a half inch. Rootleib makes nice fenders but they could be a wee bit longer. All other holes in the parts lined up with the frame holes, Some thing I did learn and this could be a big help when needing to lift the body clear of the frame (think splash shields) I unscrewed the adjuster screw on my bottle jack and inserted a length of bar stock long enough to reach the sill, after 50 trips under and around the car the past few weeks I finally found something to make it easier!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration