Where to find a left gear case housing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Where to find a left gear case housing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 08:04 am:

Big disappointment, rebuilding the rear end of the '15 touring, bought everything plus the kitchen sink to do the job. Son in law is cleaning the left gear case in preparation to put a new ring gear on and noticed a crack, or rather a series of cracks, along the base. Long story short, it needs to be replaced. A quick look at the suppliers catalogs I have and the part is not supplied. Anyone know of a supplier? Looks like I miss the the pre-war show at the Gilmore on the 21st....

Thanks

john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 08:11 am:

Shipping to you may be expensive...BUT..call Lang's in MA. They have an extensive supply of used parts...sometimes only one (1) of an item, thus it does not appear in a catalog.

Alternatively, place a "WANTED" ad in the classified - maybe a Forum member has a spare one?
(Jack Daron, Kim Dobbins, Mike Walker, etc.)

Good Luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 08:25 am:

John,
Are you talking about the part inside the housings that has the ring gear bolted to it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 08:31 am:

If you are talking about the inside gear case you might also check the thrust areas where the back side of the axle shaft gear runs, be sure there is a ring where the thrust washers are located, and that the hole is not worn out where the axle gear goes through.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 08:36 am:

Verne, yep that's the part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 08:41 am:

John, where in Mich. are you located? I have many of these and I live in Reed City, Mich.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 11:29 am:

Wow, thanks guys. I found a part with the help of all the folks out there. I may make the Gilmore after all....

John

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration