Somewhat OT, Letter From Henry Ford, II, Office

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Somewhat OT, Letter From Henry Ford, II, Office
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

In June of 1975, I bought a new Pinto. Yep, a new Pinto!

It had a total of $28.00 worth of options, but this was credited out because the seat belts were not color coded, but black.

It had a 2300CC engine and a manual transmission. The car was copper colored, so I promptly nicknamed it "The Copper Kettle".

I planned a trip to Dearborn with my good friend Mac to take place in late August of '75 to go through the Rouge and what we now know as THF and Greenfield Village. I had this brilliant idea of meeting the man that I learned later had the nickname of Hank The Deuce. At this time, I had no idea who Lee Iacocca was, or I'd have asked to see him, too.

I wrote to Henry, II, requesting a brief meeting, merely to shake his hand and say Hi.

This letter is was his office mailed back to me. I was bummed, but we still had a really good time going through part of the steel mill at the Rouge, as well as final assembly. At the time, I was unaware that any of Highland Park still existed, so we didn't go there.

Perhaps one day, we will.

image/tiff
HenryFordLetter.tif (240.5 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 02:08 am:

Cool!
If you don't mind I uploaded your letter file as a jpg so it will display in the forum.

Henry Ford letter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 08:38 am:

You forgot to add the second page of the letter that read:

Mr. Ford wasn't planning on leaving the country until he found out you were coming to Dearborn.

:-):-):-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 06:23 pm:

Lord only knows what was on the THIRD page!!! The address for Bill Everett's local CHEVY dealer??? :-) :-) :-)
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

"Out of the country during the last week in August"could have meant he would be taking a 20 minute drive from Dearborn to Windsor on the Canadian side for lunch.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration