Akurate oil gauge with brass head ???? any idea what this is for

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Akurate oil gauge with brass head ???? any idea what this is for
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

Digging around more boxes and found this oil dip stick, 18 3/4" under brass knurled head, says danger, low, on the head says Akuret oil gauge. any ideas what this might be fore, thank you, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

Howdy Robert -

I have one of those for my Model T that hasn't been installed yet but it's only 16" long.

(Message edited by jesselashcraft on May 13, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

http://www.texastparts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TTP&Product_C ode=T3069-Ak&Category_Code=

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 05:21 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/132948.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

That a good thing to a car you drive regular!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 06:24 pm:

Hey Bob,

Just saw you have this listed on eBay. You have such great things to sell ... but honestly your listings photos are always out of focus. Can you have someone near you show you how to focus your camera? It will probably increase the bottom line in the long run. :-)

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 10:55 am:

Yes I know looking for a new camera that will not break me, any ideas using Nikon coolplex l105 and they are getting worse, tried every setting, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

Bob, the length suggests your oil stick is for a TT Truck.

I have an original car version and the overall length of that piece is 16 5/8th inches long.

Every now and then you will see a Model T with a 5/8th inch hole drilled in the splash apron on the passenger side just aft of the front door hinge.

That hole was to allow easy access to that oil check rod you have there that normally screws into a small pipe.

There should be a cast brass elbow with ACURET cast in one side and PATOCT520 cast in the other side to go with that section of pipe, which is probably 1/4 inch pipe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

An ad from an earlier discussion on the Forum.

Oil

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration