My favorite "new" Ford tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My favorite "new" Ford tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

I've been at the Model T game seriously for only eight years, so I'm still learning. The T-1917 wrench for adjusting transmission bands is plentiful and cheap, and it's what I've always used.

But this spring at Chickasha I discovered the much less common 3Z-2034 (also T-2342, 5Z-324, and 16Z-1411), which does the same job. It's a ratchet. Simply slip it over the adjusting nut and pull to tighten, or flip it over and pull the other way to loosen. Very handy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, May 13, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Steve,

I've been doing searches for model t tools and your posts always seem to come up with great pictures.

Ever think about adding a T tool section to your website?

Not volunteering, just an idea.

Wish there was a resource to help identify the correct tools and where you can see the variations over the years. The parts books don't show the same details as modern pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 03:01 am:

Maybe I'll get around to a tool page eventually. Too many other fish to fry now. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 08:14 am:

Bought one of those ratchet tools a while back from Dave Huson, very handy tool. I have a string on the end of mine "in case".... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:33 am:

I have the ratchet tool but would love to find the tool that holds the nut, I saw one but it was not for sale but it looks like it would work nicely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:35 am:

The vendors carry the nut-holding tool:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3416TNW.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:48 am:

Thank you There is so much these days I guess I will have to read them like a book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

Steve,

The M-diamond trademark was used by Frank Mossberg on the tools that he manufactured, I think starting about 1907.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Wait until you get the deluxe version for the large low speed nut. I used this one this morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 03:28 pm:

Chris,wrench also fits oil pan drain and differential plug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Not all oil pan drains.
I'm just playing with resizing photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

I also have a 4-dip pan that has a plummers plug about 2 inches diameter in it.It is for you race guys who want faster oil changes....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration