Re-Sizing Pictures Down To 250KB

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Re-Sizing Pictures Down To 250KB
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

I have some pictures I'd like to re-size down to 250KB so I can post here on the forum.

All have been scanned into my hard drive, or taken with my phone and e-mailed to myself, then downloaded to the same hard drive.

Can anyone link me to any threads where I can find a program to downsize the KB's down to 250 without losing too much of the image size?

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 12:59 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541631.html?1431838921

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

Mark, thank you.

Is there a way to tell it to permit a maximum KB of 250?

Your method works, but so far, I've found it trial and error. This is ok, but curious if I can tell it to max out at 250KB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

There may be better programs around, but you're right, using Paint is a trial and error process, sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

One of the reasons I got rid of my Windows laptop. Mac tells you what the file size is going to be before you click OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

Thank you again, Mark.

I'm workin' it...!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

Every Windows laptop comes with a photo resized called Microsoft Office. It is, like all Microsoft products, super easy to use. It is intuitive and ridiculously simple. Just click the button "edit photo" then "resize" to display a pull down option showing sizes from "document large" down to "web small".
The "web large" size is 225k and is perfect for this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 05:01 pm:

Stupid Apple spell check changed resizer to resized. Idiots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 05:23 pm:

Thanks, Royce; I'll see if I can make it work.

Steve, my next computer may very well be an Apple; thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 06:24 pm:

http://www.picresize.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

I use the same as Layden. Very easy. Must be something in the name...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration