T boat engine new oil pans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: T boat engine new oil pans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

I have a "factory converted" T boat engine. The cast aluminum oil pan is busted and one option is to make a pattern and cast a few copies. The other is to just make some parts and weld it up. With sufficient interest the cast aluminum one make sense. Ideally 10 copies would probably come in at about $500.00 each. Any interest?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

It is a "Roberts" conversion

Bottom of pan is busted

It uses a oil pump gear driven from the crank gear to put oil into the dip tray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

Les I've got a cast iron marine pan with bell housing, fly wheel and a place for a starter that I would sell you for what I have in it. Bought it for the 16 valve Roof project but decide against using it because of the bell housing didn't quite fit the way I thought it would.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

John, I might be interested. Could you send me a pic?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:47 pm:

No competition from me!!
I'm selling stuff not buying

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 10:23 am:

It appears no interest

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Jerry I'll get you some pictures. Just came from the shop so it will be tomorrow or Tuesday. Have you got enough water to run a boat in Kansas? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike windsor on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

I have a couple of model t marine manifolds if anybody is interested

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 03:08 am:

It's raining again and not being a farmer or one who does the lawn thing I'm sick of it. Not looking forward to 100 degrees as I have some concrete to run now that I'm almost done finishing up my paint booth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 05:41 am:

Les, wow...you have yet another interesting project. It's amazing that you can juggle so many projects at the one time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 11:23 am:

Constantine
I'm getting rid of projects. Some are easier to sell if the big "ouchs" are dealt with!! And I have the contacts/resources

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration