Old Photo- T Era Shorpy.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo- T Era Shorpy.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 05:46 am:

A very shiny Chalmers. There are a couple of T's further along the row of cars, but unfortunately hidden by other vehicles.
http://www.shorpy.com/node/20960

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 09:11 am:

You just can't beat those large format photos for sharpness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 01:37 pm:

What do you mean by "unfortunately" ? As if we all haven't seen eleventy-thousand Model T's
already ! Sure, I like Model T's, but after a point it becomes like eating macaroni and cheese for
every meal. It's good to see different stuff and absorb more than just the cars. Like the Velie
dealership sign, the hitching ball topped fire hydrant .... the way this dapper chap is dressed ...

I'd like to ID the monster touring car across the street. Heck, what I really want to do is walk up
and down this street scene, taking in ALL the details of way back when ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 03:25 pm:

I want to know what the dark and light colored sport roadster is on the other side of the all dark sport roadster!
And spend the rest of my life there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 07:32 pm:

It would be a fine day just looking at everything from that day. Most car people and plenty of others would like a small part of that time period in their lives today. I think most of us identify with the cars in some way. I always wonder where the cars have been and if the previous owners( back in the day) appreciated them like I do!!Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher McCulley on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 10:35 am:

A photograph of the scene today would likely be someone wearing their pajamas and a meter maid issuing a ticket for parking in front of a fire plug. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

Look at the Velie building across the street. Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

If you go to the Shorpy link that Dane posted you can click on the picture and that will take you to a page where folks can comment on the photo. One of these posts says that the speedster is a rare type of Chalmers. Someone else posted a picture of a restored example.

I would speculate that the curbside scene might be in front of a Chalmers dealer as several of the parked cars in the row seem to have similar looking features.

Vintage Paul

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration