What is a good camera to buy for taking clear photo's with out breaking the bank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What is a good camera to buy for taking clear photo's with out breaking the bank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 11:21 am:

My camera is only three years old and used to take great photo', but after about 15k pictures is is getting more blurry, auto focus, Nikon coolplix l105 is what I am using now, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 11:39 am:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-point-and-shoot-under-500/

Or

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cheap-camera/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Is there a "close up" feature in the menu - perhaps under "shooting mode"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

My phone works quite well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

I have a digital camera that I can give you. Message me if you are interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

yes a close up but it is so huge it only captures part of the photo, Bob
thank you Derrick, I am trying to figure this out, have tried portrait, landscape,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 12:53 pm:

I agree with Les, My iPhone and iPad do wonders!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

My sister-in-law was getting great pix with a little Sony, so I bought one for my
adventures in AFG. Killed it in short order from all the dust from the choppers, so
I ordered another and bought a little Pelican 1010 case to hang from my belt and
it lasted the duration of two more deployments and is still going strong 20,000
shots and almost six years later.

It is a model DSC-H70 .... probably obsoleted by newer models by now. But it
takes great pix, is relatively small, but not so #@! small it is hard to work like so
many electronics these days. It still hangs from my belt (always on point). People
often ask what that "thing" is, hanging off my belt.

I am most impressed with the clarity and color capture of these little Sonys. Price
was something like $130. Hard to beat that. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 01:37 pm:

I've been using one of these for nine years. A couple of years ago my first one somehow got fine sand in the works and went belly up. By then it was "obsolete" and Canon was no longer making them. I went online and bought one for $125. It was listed as used, but came still packed in the original box with the manuals and other little items always included with a new camera. I use it for all my digital stills and videos. The picture quality of the videos isn't wonderful, but the stills are good. People seem to think some of my pictures are pretty good, so I guess it's OK.

Here are a few shots with it.

I included the close-ups because I know you want something that will make good pictures of parts for your website. I think this type of camera is very good for that kind of work. The nice thing about digital pictures is that if you get a bad one you can see it right away and it doesn't cost anything to try again.

I'm willing to be convinced by demonstrations to the contrary, but I doubt that many phones can match a real camera for picture quality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 02:26 pm:

I got my 1st computer in 1999.
I got my first digital camera in 2000. A Sony cybershot DSC S50. I also bought the fancy case. It was worth the money. It still works great 16 years later.

I then later bought a couple old Mavicas at the bargain store used,a 90 and a 95, that use floppys. They still work but I use the cybershot.
If I were to buy another camera tomorrow,it would be a Sony.
As Burger pointed out, so many cameras are so tiny it is hard to hold and work the buttons.

I agree with Steve, phones and eyepads are made to take a selfie or whatever. not really suitable for picture taking for catalog and website use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 02:39 pm:

I have a Canon like Steve's, what I really like about it is that you can hold and operate it with only one hand, it is very comfortable and intuitively easy to use. It can also take video clips up to 3 minutes long. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

I think part of my problem is I do not have an anti movement feature on this camera, I seem to not hold it steady so I tried a tri pod, let me know what you think, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 03:57 pm:

Much better! If your camera is set on automatic, be sure that whatever you are taking a picture of is well lit, so that the camera will select a fast shutter speed, which reduces the blurring caused by shaking. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

Excellent!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 05:22 pm:

Yes, a tripod is almost a necessity for shooting close-ups indoors. A steady camera makes a big difference.

I use those yellow-stand shop lights a lot. They tend to make the colors too warm, so I adjust that on the computer.

I often like a plain background for pictures of objects. One method is to set them on a piece of poster board, available at Wal-Mart in several colors.

When you have your picture, you can crop it and adjust the color.

Another way of shooting small objects is to lay them on a piece of glass and have the background a couple of feet away so it will be out of focus. This method demands attention to lighting the set-up in a way that avoids reflections in the glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 11:11 am:

Very cool, thanks Bob
I also have the color box with lights for web site but do not put greasy items in there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 11:40 am:

One thing I should add is to avoid shooting dark objects with a light background, or very light objects with a dark background. Either one tends to lose detail.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration