Springs on Rocky Mountain brakes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Springs on Rocky Mountain brakes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rfbuff on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

Have Rocky Mountain brakes on 1914 touring car. The spring on the passenger side on top that hooks to yoke breaks after using several times. Is it possible that the lever that hooks to the rod that goes to the front could on wrong side of car? The lever bends out toward the side of the car and makes the spring rub on the hub. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 12:14 pm:

I wish those Rocky Mountain Brake springs were available, but they are not. I could use a few too. Both sides are the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 09:50 pm:

You are hooking the spring in the wrong placed, maybe? ? Mine mount between the clevis pin head and the clevis, inboard, using the longer clevis pins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 02:34 am:

Well? Were the photos of any help?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration