The Ford Mill Lansing-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: The Ford Mill Lansing-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Not Lansing, it's L'anse in the U.P.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 07:41 am:

There you go. I thought it was mis-labeled, but I didn't know any better. When I found it, it was labeled Lansing, I thought it might have been abbreviated on the photo, but why? I knew someone here would know for sure.
Would this have been a lumber mill to get wood for the care bodies?
It looks like the workers cars in the parking lot are pretty Ford loyal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Paul on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 08:34 am:

Here's some more information from the History of Baraga County.

http://www.baragacounty.org/about/history-of-baraga-county/

The next major player was Henry Ford as he purchased both the Pequaming Mill and the LíAnse Mill. He later built a model mill and community south of LíAnse called Alberta. Ford also purchased mills in Big Bay and the Iron Mountain/Kingsford area. The wood from Fordís mills were used in the manufacturing of his automobiles

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration