Swap Meet at Homecoming - Model T Museum in Richmond, IN

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Swap Meet at Homecoming - Model T Museum in Richmond, IN
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

Thanks to the vendors who are already registered for swap space at the 2016 Homecoming on Saturday, June 4. There is still space available and this year's new layout makes for even better visibility and accessibility.

Here is what the new event space looks like.

Register today, either online or phone the MTFCA offices:
1. Online at www.MTFCA.com and click on "Homecoming"
2. Phone 765-488-0026 or 765-855-5248 and pay with credit card

Questions, contact Swap Meet Coordinator, Garry Houser via email: gh1159@aol.com or phone 765-969-4744

Be a part of the 2016 Homecoming at the Museum!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 10:57 pm:

Looks like some neighboring buildings have been removed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 09:19 am:

Bump!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 09:26 am:

It looks like it's greatly expanded from last year's meet, and that one was a great time. I left with my car crammed with parts. The trunk, back seat, and passenger's seat all were full of Model T parts. There was barely room for me in the car. :-) Sorry I won't be able to make it this year. Our club's Summer Tour is that weekend, and I want to attend that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 09:55 am:

The seminars and demonstrations will be in the Vintage Garage part of the Annex. We have the ceiling painted and the lights installed, but the rest is a work in progress. One good weekend with a knowledgeable and well equipped crew and the walls could be done. Volunteers needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Where is guest/public parking for modern cars?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 10:13 am:

Modern car parking there are several lots.

- 1 block south of the Museum at 9th & B
- 1 block west of the Museum at 7th & D
- 1 block north of the Museum on E Street, between 8th & 10th

We also have a huge overflow parking area, where the trailers will be parked. That is about 4 blocks from the museum. We will have a golf cart shuttle in the morning during swap meet setup and throughout the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 11:47 am:

Hi Susan, Thank you for posting this nice layout map.

A couple of questions. Do Show and Tell, Model T's on display and pre-1945 cars need to pre-register?

Also, is there a near by parking area for those who can't walk far or handicapped people to park, or should they simply use the golf cart shuttle?

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 03:56 pm:

Good questions, Keith!

Pre-registration is not required.

The only thing that needs reservations is the Saturday Celebration Banquet. I will post that information separately.

The Show-N-Tell cars that will be on display have already been identified. The 100-year Ts will be placed either on the grass or near the front of the lot. Our great team of volunteers will be on hand to help guide that parking process.

Last year the golf cart shuttle worked well for the handicapped parking. Since it's only a 4-5 block area, they get around fairly quickly. We will take another look at whether we could block off a few spots close to the Museum for that purpose.

Thanks for the questions, Keith! If you think of any more, just let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

Hi Susan, just thought of something, can you post the homecoming map and schedule to the MTFCA Facebook page, on the outside chance that there are some folks who will see it there first instead of on the forum?

Just a thought.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 05:22 pm:

Will do, Mark! I'll post the revised schedule and the map. Thanks so much!

However ... I thought the Forum was the Model T Facebook :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 06:43 pm:

Just when I was hoping to take off work and attend this years homecoming I received a summons to jury duty that week :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 11:32 am:

susan, I did suggest a special area roped of for handy cap parking only. that way we can designate a shuttle just for the handy cap area. it will make it the best for them and us. funnel all the handy cap to one area. also keep in mind some of the handy cap folks carry their own scooter, walker, wheel chair etc, therefor this are should be fairly close to the event with easy access for all , cars wheel chairs , scooters, walkers etc.we can make up some signs and point them in the right parking area with room to unload their scooter, walker, wheel chair etc, and also have a pik up and drop off point in that area for a shuttle. I am willing to help out with this as I know how it is to travel and assist with them. let me know . see you on Wednesday when I get there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 02:58 pm:

Thanks, Doug, we will definitely take you up on the offer of help, especially since you do this all of the time. Looking forward to seeing you and Ruckstell on Wednesday!

The Homecoming committee met last night and we identified some additional handicapped parking spots. I think it will all work out well.

Speaking of volunteers, we can still use some help on Saturday, even if just for a short time. If you can lend a hand, please drop me an email at susan@mtfca.com or leave a message here. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 09:36 am:

Bump! This is when it would be nice to have a "sticky" feature on the forum. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Harris on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

Hey Susan are Snyder's or Gaslight any other major vendors going to be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

Hi Ross. Gaslight will have a booth at Homecoming this year. Snyder's was not able to fit it into their schedule this time. Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 30, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

Bump! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration