1915 REO Roadster selling at our auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1915 REO Roadster selling at our auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 11:23 pm:

I know it's not a Model T but this is pretty cool. The only known 1915 REO 6 cylinder roadster in the world that is unrestored, original and runs and drives. We got it running yesterday, drove it a little today, need to clean the carb and put a new tube in one tire and it's good to go.

It is a 6 cylinder F head engine, sold new in Philipsburg, Montana in 1915, Montana Pioneer Plate # 19.

Auction is June 11th in Augusta, near Great Falls, Montana.

Now I ask you, what other auctioneer do you know that would be able to adjust the Rayfield GL3 carburetor on a 1915 REO and also do the auction??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 11:25 pm:

Forgot to add the link. http://frontrangeauctions.com/414_Wilson_1915_REO.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 11:53 pm:

Neat car Stan. My Dad has a 12 Reo the 5th touring. He's driven it coast to coast across Canada. Reo's are very good, reliable cars. Not flashy but well engineered. 1915 was the first year for Reo's 6 cyl engine.
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 11:58 pm:

I am amazed at how well it drives. Very comfortable, lots of room for a guy my size and very smooth engine, good brakes, etc. This is probably the finest unrestored example in the world. 10,575 miles from new and I put 2 of those miles on yesterday and today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 12:55 am:

Can it take me back to 1915 Phillipsburg ??? That would be worth whatever price it brings !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 01:07 am:

Philipsburg hasn't changed much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 06:00 am:

Stan,

Thanks. And no I can't think of any other auctioneer that could adjust the carb and auction the car.

If the Horseless Carriage Club of America allows you to place a note on their For Sale area about the auction -- that is one group that specifically enjoys collecting the 1915 and earlier cars. And of course the AACA also.

For our newest members that may not have read or heard yet, REO stands for Ransom E. Olds who had previously produced the Oldsmobile. (Ref: https://reoclub.org/History.html ) He didn't get along with the major stock owners as he wanted to focus on the lower price curved dash Oldsmobile while the major stock holders wanted to focus on the larger cars. He was ousted from Olds Motor Works Company and started his next company using his initials.

Those large water towers on top of the Ford Factories in part are due to the fire that destroyed the early Oldsmobile factory. Ford did not want that to happen to his factories.

Good luck and thank you for posting the photo/story.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

Thanks, Hap
I placed an ad on the ACCA site, no problems there. As usual the HCCA site doesn't work, they apparently only update the classified ads a couple times a month or maybe once a week - I dunno - and don't respond to any emails or questions for days. I'm assuming it is a volunteer deal to monitor it so it is probably a job that somebody has to fit in when they can.

It will be on Hemmings tomorrow or the next day, at some point it may show up on the HCCA site -- or not. I've never been able to get them to run an ad for an auction car but I gave them the $60 they wanted to join so I could try again. The REO will sell with or without them, my guess is that it will stay in Montana; there are people here with money and interest.

Personally, I'd like to see it stay here since it has always been a Montana car but my job is to get the most money out of it whether it stays here or not.

Thanks for the help and ideas. We are pretty well up and running on the auction, there is quite a bit of cool stuff. The 50 Packard is just wonderful and some of the other stuff is pretty cool too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 02:43 pm:

So about ten minutes after I posted this I got an automated notice that the ad is now on - line.

So thanks again Hap, for the suggestion. I'll see how many scam buyers I get automated messages from wanting to buy it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration