Holley Carb Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Holley Carb Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 12:14 am:

I'm thinking this is a T carb. Is this a Holley G? When was it used? Good carb or is a NH better? Thanks for any info. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 12:20 am:

I prefer the NH, so easy to setup and hardly anything to fail or break..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 12:32 am:

Yes, it's a G (1915-1921). This is the cast iron version used in electric-start cars (1919-1921). The main reason to use it would be correctness. Functionally, the NH is just as good, and has the advantage of parts availability.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 12:39 am:

The G came in several versions, all very similar. Started out brass, ended up cast iron. Excellent carb, probably cost Ford 3 or 4 times what an NH did. They are fairly complex for a Ford carb with lot of machining on each one and many parts. The main feed jet is removable, the venturi, the idle tube, the idle tube attachment, the top, the shafts, etc. An NH has almost no parts so they were cheap to make.

The G is my favorite stock Ford carb although they may not have as much top end as the NH. Start very well, idle well, smooth acceleration, etc.

Pat, I'm buried in this auction in Augusta until mid June, after that bring your G down and we will rebuild it. I have tons of parts for them and have probably rebuilt 50 at least.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 12:52 am:

Thanks guys. Stan that sounds good. We're trying to hatch a plot to get to your auction. It's going to be a good one. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 01:38 am:

Pat, check the web site again when you get a chance. I got home tonight about 6:30 and have been sitting in front of the computer adding pictures and info to the web site. Getting the Reo running was pretty fun, it's a cool car and the T stuff is pretty nice although there is not a lot of it. That 25 pickup box is pretty unbelievable and the truck with the express box is nice, too. Cliff took good care of things.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration