Model T sightseeing Louisville, KY

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T sightseeing Louisville, KY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 08:28 am:

Are there any good model t sites to see in Louisville?
I heard there is a Ford plant that used to produce T's but are there tours etc

thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 09:30 am:

Louisville truck plant???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 08:49 pm:

Ford has two production facilities in Louisville. The truck plant on Chamberlain lane and the car assembly plant on Fern Valley road. I am not sure about tours.
We are having a 4 day T tour in Corydon IN, about 25 miles south of Louisville, beginning May 31. Have 40 cars coming in. Come join us if you like. Contact 502 seven two seven 3887 for more info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent stefanacci on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 02:59 am:

Louisville Slugger is there and I would eat at Moby Dick . It is a fast food deep fried seafood dive that is absolutely worth a visit
that is all I know as I am from New Jersey and have only been there for a one day concert called Hullabaloo .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan M on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 01:55 pm:

The model T plant in Louisville was the Reynolds building on 3rd street. It is now apartments. check out the link.

https://louisville.edu/uoflmagazine/fall-2008/the-reynolds-building.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan M on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

From here : https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC1QK1E_louis-and-henry-great-partners-3-eas tern-pkwy

The Reynolds Building at the corner of Eastern Parkway and 3rd Street is not appropriately named as the place was actually built by Ford in 1915 to manufacture Model T's. Detroit architect Albert Kahn designed it. Early auto plants were dirty, cramped, dark and inefficient; Kahnís design took into account what the workers did and where their materials should be placed to speed the workflow. The building is made of reinforced concrete in a method known as flat-slab construction, covered in bricks and has horizontal lines and an irregular shape. Brick work and terra cotta decorate its surface. It has been called a textbook example of early industrial architecture. In 1924, Ford moved its operations to Southwestern Parkway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration