23-25 Touring Top use

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 23-25 Touring Top use
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lew Morrill on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 10:24 am:

If you don't have a boot, what is the best way to keep the touring car top collapsed and compact? Without anything, it unravels like a parachute of course. Is there a strap set up or something for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for the advice. I really enjoy the forum, especially the old photo's and tech info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph W. Rudzik on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 10:44 am:

The vendors sell leather straps that fit to the top bow saddle support at the rear corners of the car. The leather sets at the bottom of the saddle and it has tie down straps that wrap around the bows and there are belt loops that you cinch it down with. Look in the top bow section of your favorite vendor's catalog for the part.

Joe R. Independence, Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 11:15 am:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3314XN.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 11:21 am:

WHEN I LOST MY BOOT IN THE WIND BECAUSE I DID NOT INSTALL THE SNAPS FOR THE STRAPS I HAD TO PUT A FLAT CARGO STRAP AROUND THE TOP TO KEEP IT FROM BALOONING. I ALSO ADDED SOME BUNGEE CORDS FROM TWO HOLES UNDER THE BACK SEAT OVER THE TOP AND TO THE TRAILER RAMP. I HAVE SINCE BOUGHT A NEW BOOT AND DESPITE THE STRAPS BUTTONED DOWN UNDER THE SEAT I STILL PUT A FLAT STRAP AROUND THE FRONT END OF THE BOOT TO KEEP IT FROM BALOONING. MAKES EM THINK I COULD COME UP WITH A BETTER BOOT WITH AN ELASTIC STRAP ON THE LOWER FLAP OF THE BOOT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

Ford did not offer a boot for 23-25 open cars. However, you should have top saddles and irons for your car in place too. A 17-22 boot will work, but it will not cover the portion of the top that is attached to the rear sockets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lew Morrill on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

Thanks. I knew you guys would have some good answers and advice!!

What a great way to share the love of our lives!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lew Morrill on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 08:51 pm:

Thanks. I knew you guys would have some good answers and advice!!

What a great way to share the love of our lives!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration